Goudey manufactures and retails a wide range of high quality industrial grade solvents for use in the wood finishing industry.
Denatured Alcohols (700 Methyl Hydrate Blend, 701 Methanol, 705 Ethyl Alcohol)
Used to dilute premixed shellac, to dissolve dry Shellac flakes, to dilute premixed NGR spirit dyes, to dissolve spirit soluble aniline dye powders, and as a final wash down solvent for projects stripped of its finish using solvent blend strippers.
- Available in 4L and 20L containers.
Lacquer Thinner / Reducer (788)
For use in diluting nitrocellulose, pre catalyzed, and post catalyzed lacquers, and as a final wash down solvent for projects stripped of its finish using solvent blend strippers.
- Available in 4L, 20L and 204L containers
Blush Retarder (734)
Blush Retarder is a slow drying lacquer reducer to prevent blushing. Blushing looks like a cloudy haze that is the result of the lacquer film trapping the moisture in the air in the surface as it dries. Blushing often occurs in humid environmental conditions. On less humid days, thin your lacquer by 20% (10% Blush Retarder + 10% 788 Lacquer Reducer). On very humid days, reduce your lacquer with 20% or more Blush Retarder only. This product may be used in nitrocellulose, pre catalyzed and post catalyzed lacquers.
- Available in 4L and 20L containers
Mineral Spirits and Associated Solvents
(706 Toluene, 707 Xylene, 718 VM&P Naptha, 732 Mineral Spirits, 754 Fast Dry Stain Reducer)
For use in
- diluting solvent/oil based pigmented wiping stains
- diluting alkyd urethanes, varnishes and paints
- surface cleaning
- degreasing solvents for solvent and alkyd based film coatings
- diluting oil finishes and solvent based waxes.
- spraying wiping stains use 706 Toluene or 707 Xylene.
- Available in 4L and 20L containers. 754 is also available in 1L size.